I am currently a research fellow with Monash University working on innovative vital signs monitoring devices. I obtained my PhD in Electrical Engineering under the supervison of Assoc. Prof Mehmet Yuce in July 2020. My Thesis title is "Implementation of IoT Sensor Networks for Environment, Safety and Health Monitoring Applications with Energy Harvesting and Edge-Assisted Techniques".
My Research Interests:
- Internet of Things (IoT) Innovations
- Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN)
- ECG and PPG Monitoring
- Connected Health
- Energy Harvesting
- Edge Computing Gateways
- Wu, F., Qiu, C., Wu, T., and Yuce, M.R., 2021. Edge-Based Hybrid System Implementation for Long-Range Safety and Healthcare IoT Applications. IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- Wu, F., Wu, T., Zarate, D.C., Morfuni, R., Kerley, B., Hinds, J., Taniar, D., Armstrong, M. and Yuce, M.R., 2020. An Autonomous Hand Hygiene Tracking Sensor System for Prevention of Hospital Associated Infections. IEEE Sensors Journal.
- Qiu, C., Wu, F., Lee, C. and Yuce, M.R., 2020. Self-Powered Control Interface Based on Gray Code with Hybrid Triboelectric and Photovoltaics Energy Harvesting for IoT Smart Home and Access Control Applications. Nano Energy, 70, p.104456.
- Wu, T., Wu, F., Qiu, C., Redoute, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2020. A Rigid-Flex Wearable Health Monitoring Sensor Patch for IoT-Connected Healthcare Applications. IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- Wu, F., Wu, T. and Yuce, M.R., 2019. An Internet-of-Things (IoT) Network System for Connected Safety and Health Monitoring Applications. Sensors, 19(1), p.21.
- Qiu, C., Wu, F., Shi, Q., Lee, C. and Yuce, M.R., 2019. Sensors and Control Interface Methods Based on Triboelectric Nanogenerator in IoT Applications. IEEE Access, 7, pp.92745-92757.
- Shi, Q., Qiu, C., He, T., Wu, F., Zhu, M., Dziuban, J.A., Walczak, R., Yuce, M.R. and Lee, C., 2019. Triboelectric single-electrode-output control interface using patterned grid electrode. Nano Energy, 60, pp.545-556.
- Wu, F., Redouté, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2018. We-safe: A Self-Powered Wearable IoT Sensor Ntwork for Safety Applications Based on LoRa. IEEE Access, 6, pp.40846-40853.
- Wu, F., Rüdiger, C. and Yuce, M.R., 2017. Real-time Performance of A Self-Powered Environmental IoT Sensor Network System. Sensors, 17(2), p.282.
- Wu, T., Wu, F., Redoute, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2017. An Autonomous Wreless Body Area Network Implementation towards IoT Connected Healthcare Applications. IEEE Access, 5, pp.11413-11422.
- Rathnayaka, A., Al Mamun, M.A., Wu, F., Curtis, S.J., Stewardson, A.J. and Yuce, M.R., 2020, October. Protecting Health Care Workers from Infectious Diseases Using Physical Proximity Networks (PPN). In 2020 IEEE Sensors (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Wu, T. and Yuce, M.R., 2019, April. Design and Implementation of A Wearable Sensor Network System for IoT-Connected Safety and Health Applications. In 2019 IEEE 5th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT) (pp. 87-90). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Rüdiger, C., Redouté, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2019. A Wearable Multi-Sensor IoT Network System for Environmental Monitoring. In Advances in Body Area Networks I (pp. 29-38). Springer, Cham.
- Al Mamun, M.A., Anaya, D.V., Wu, F., Redoute, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2019, February. Radio Map Building with IEEE 802.15. 4 for Indoor Localization Applications. In IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology 2019 (pp. 181-186). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Redouté, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2018, October. A Self-Powered Wearable Body Sensor Network System for Safety Applications. In 2018 IEEE SENSORS (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Rüdiger, C., Redouté, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2018, February. WE-Safe: A Wearable IoT Sensor Node for Safety Applications via LoRa. In 2018 IEEE 4th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT) (pp. 144-148). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Rudiger, C. and Yuce, M.R., 2017, November. Design and Field Test of An Autonomous IoT WSN Platform for Environmental Monitoring. In 2017 27th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ITNAC) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Tan, C.W., Sarvi, M., Rudiger, C. and Yuce, M.R., 2017, June. Design and Implementation of A Low-Power Wireless Sensor Network Platform Based on XBee. In 2017 IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Wu, F., Arefin, M.S., Redoute, J.M. and Yuce, M.R., 2019. Low-Power Design Considerations for IoT Sensors. Internet of Things (IoT): Systems and Applications
Here are some projects I am currently working on:
- Biomedical sensors for vital signs monitoring
- Edge computing platforms for healthcare monitoring applications
- IoT contact tracing platform
- Self-powered sensors for connected safety and health monitoring